In this third book in the exceptional Curiosity House mystery series by bestselling author Lauren Oliver and mysterious recluse H. C. Chester, four children must uncover the evil Nicholas Rattigan’s newest dastardly scheme, wage war with a rival freak show, and deal with a spy who may have infiltrated their happy home.
Sam, Philippa, Thomas, and Max have just started to recover from their capture and subsequent escape from Rattigan. But the children’s lives don’t stay quiet for long.
A slew of bank robberies is terrorizing the city. And when Professor Farnum, the ringmaster of the museum’s now immensely popular flea circus, is charged with murder, the search for the real killer uncovers a plot much bigger than any individual crime – a plot that can only be the work of Nicholas Rattigan.
This is the third book in the series and contains even more exciting marvels, such as:
- A nefarious spy within the museum
- A very unfortunate flea circus
- The heavenly Georgie Rawls, from the original cast of Last Chance
- A beautiful and mysterious tattooed lady
It continues not to have:
- A comprehensive review of the top ten toothbrushes
- A heaping bowl of sugarless cereal
- A long and boring family vacation
- A handmade, scratchy wool sweater
Read all books in the series in order: