Celebrating Grandparents in Children’s Books September 25, 2017 – Posted in: Top 10s
There might not be an awful lot of celebrating for Grandparents Day going on here in the UK… but we think there should be!
It is hard to think of anyone more deserving of a day dedicated to thanking and rewarding them for the amazing impact they have on our daily lives, than our grandparents! Grandparent’s Day this year is coming up on Sunday 1st October and presents a great opportunity to honour grandparents and their role in some small way, and maybe to offer both grandparent and grandchild the opportunity to be more aware of one another.
Here are our Top Ten Children’s Books Featuring Grandparents –
1. Looking for Yesterday by Alison Jay
2. How to Hide a Lion from Grandma by Helen Stephens
3. Rain by Sam Usher
4. My Two Grannies by Floella Benjamin
5. Grandpa Green by Lane Smith
6. The Matchbox Diary by Paul Fleischman
7. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
8. Heidi by Johanna Spyri
9. Gangsta Granny by David Walliams
10. Queenie by Jacqueline Wilson